February Online Mini-Gathering Registration Closing
A reminder that the entries closing date for the 2022 February BCPA Online Mini-Gathering is February 4, 2022.
Full details can be found at the 2022 February BCPA Online Mini-Gathering Registration. BCPA would like to clarify some of the points in the 2022 February BCPA Online Mini-Gathering Information Guide.
This event will operate in the same format as the November 6, 2021 BCPA Online Mini-Gathering (i.e. submission of competitor recordings to YouTube)
Competitors in the Grade 1 Piping, Grade 1 Snare Drumming, and Intermediate Tenor Drumming events have additional requirements. These competitors will be required to perform their music event in real-time, at a given time on February 19, 2022 according to a posted Order of Play
Specifically, competitors in the Grade 1 Piping, Grade 1 Snare Drumming, and Intermediate Tenor Drumming events will be required to conduct the following steps:
- join a defined Zoom meeting for their event at their given time, which will be hosted by a BCPA Digital Steward
- turn on their recording device
- announce information pertaining to the BCPA February Online Mini-Gathering, date of recording, competitor full name, grade, music event, and tune(s) they will perform
- perform their music event in real-time. Tuning will be permitted for competitors in the Grade 1 Piping events, per the defined tuning time in the BCPA Competition Rules
- when the competitor finishes their performance, turn off their recording device, and exit the Zoom meeting
- within 4 hours upload their recordings to YouTube and submit their performances YouTube links and tunes names to the BCPA online system for this information